Elevator construction worker/Elevator mechanic
Our company which is seated in Merseyside, UK are currently seeking to hire an elevator construction worker/mechanic who enjoys working in a hands-on work environment.
The successful mechanic will build, install, adjust and repair electric and hydraulic elevators, personnel and man-hoists, stage lifts and all related equipment.
The tasks for this position will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Will build, install and adjust new elevators and platform lifts.
- Will perform repairs to and refurbishment of elevators and platform lifts.
- Will take out or disassemble old elevators.
Location of work
Minimum qualification and other requirements
- Not less than two years of the experience in the installation of electrical or electromechanical control systems, or electrical, hydraulic or mechanical components of elevators and mechanical doors (repair and maintenance experience only is not sufficient);
- Ability to work independently or with limited supervision;
- You must be entitled, capable and available to work in other EU/EEC countries and comfortable with frequent work related travels. At the time of appointment, candidates will be required to possess a motor vehicle driver license valid within the whole Europe. This license must be maintained for the duration of employment.
- Relevant high school diploma or degree or professional training is preferred.
What We offer
- a competitive base wage
- a company car for business related travels
- appropriate work tools and equipment
- protective clothing for the safe work conduct, appropriate labour safety clothing
- a company mobile phone
- discretionary bonus payment, if applicable
- supportive work environment with friendly fellow workers and managers and long term company goals
This job description is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities